Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just a Tuesday

It's just a Tuesday. A lonely Tuesday, really.  I've never liked Tuesday.  Most of the people I know hate Mondays, but Mondays are no big deal for me. They are usually calm, relaxed, easy.  I'm usually too shocked that I have to wake up at 6:30 again to really care about the misery associated with the day. No, Tuesday is the bad one, because you realize where you are: just the second day out of five. Less than half. You bump over to Wednesday and it's fine, because then it is Hump Day; you are over halfway done, and it's easy going from there. It's amazing the way time just floats by.  A week isn't that long, granted you don't keep an eagle eye on each second. If you just let life happen, intervening when possible and necessary, trying to find an ounce of happiness in whatever situation you are in, you find yourself at the end of the week quickly, at the end of the month, of the season, of the semester, of the year. Yeah, my sisters had their 100th day of school party yesterday at school, which is great, because that proves just how far we are into this thing. That's why I hate procrastinating; you put something off for a minute and then you are bombarded with it the next with a force twice as large as the original. Time management is something I'm reasonably okay at though, and I've improved over the years, learning that I can't finish every single thing to completion right away.  Priorities, right? 

Sometimes I panic about school, feeling trapped or behind if I miss a couple points here or there. What I do is remind myself of how successful I've been in the past, and then log onto the computer and take a look at my current grades, which rarely disappoint. If they do, I know where I need to work just a bit harder, and I've never had a goal I couldn't attain when it came to my report card. I guess the moral of the story is that you need to relax, because nine times out of ten, things aren't nearly as bad as you think they are. Just look at it from another perspective; imagine you are someone else looking into your own life.  You probably will find little reason to freak out or pity yourself.  


Here's to tomorrow, and being the person you are and want to be. Don't hide or change for anyone other than yourself. I don't care if you think my words are cliche or "cheesy," because words can be reused, and should be, or else no one would understand what you are trying to communicate.  


Is that you, Happiness?
Down the street I see you,
never taking station,
moving and dancing there,
won't you come here, whisper
your secrets in my ear?
But I know you will not
because the game's a chase
and I better run fast
to catch you in my arms.
I'll keep you forever,
just you watch, Happiness,
maybe you'll slip from me
for just one moment's time,
but you'll be mine again
before the sun sets here.


No comments:

Post a Comment