Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Day Spent

A day spent,
And where were you?
I stood in the rain,
And waited.
You didn't show.
I shivered,
My nose dripped.
Where were you?
I hope your day was great.
I hope you had fun,
I hope you made some other girl's night.

I didn't have an umbrella,
Because I didn't think I'd need one.
No poncho or cover could shield
The water falling on my heart.
The storm clouds smiled
Their wicked grins,
The most candid I'd seen in a while.

So where were you?
Did you think of me
While you went on with your day?
I shouldn't have to say
That I thought of you.
Now I wish I hadn't.
A fool I was
To believe a chance
Could be found
In your presence.
My heart, it breaks,
But like any other muscle,
The tears will heal.
The pain will subdue.
And I will be whole,
Stronger than ever before.
I'll have so much
Love
Passion
Spirit
To give.
But, 
It won't be for you.
It will all be
For someone who deserves it.
For someone who is capable of giving back
At least half of what I gift.
For someone who appreciates
The entirety of what stands before them.
So yes, today I miss you,
But tomorrow you will miss me.
You'll just be another face in the crowd.
I won't stand in the rain
Anymore.

Like gears we move in this clock,
But my fit has not been found.
So I am a cog alone
Barely turning 
Without an influence
Without a part
With a purpose
Of theory.
The heart beats for the next
And only wants to forget the last.

Who am I
To look for something
That may not exist
That may be a dream
A myth
Seen in my sleep
Oh, 
The heart-wrenching
I feel when I see
What I want
Close to my heart
In front of my eyes
Forever from my reach.


Where were you?
I don't want to know.
I want to forget.
I want to never see you
Walk these halls again.
They are mine.
You're not welcome.
Leave, now, 
And let me bring
A new face inside.

Everything's going to be fine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment