Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Frustration on a Wednesday Evening

I like to see the world as a little artistic. I value ideas over things; things have value because of what they mean, anyway.  There's a lot of beauty to be perceived if we only let it in.
 I don't want to live in the real world. I don't want to live with politics and restrictive government. I want to be happy with my type of happy knowledge. I like some things, but other very similar things, I don't like so much. Let's look at school subjects. I love English, as much as I complain about it, as much as it's a pain in the ass. Would I major in it? No, but it's important to experience and learn about. I love science. There's so much to learn that it's frustrating. It's so real and fascinating. I like knowing how the world works, how life happens, what makes us, us.
I don't care so much for history or government. Ok, I recognize it's importance. But it seems so faulty and corrupted and unchangeable to me. I don't want to memorize these names in my notes. It doesn't matter to me really. As long as I'm safe, as long as I can obtain an education, as long as I can live a simple kind of life, I don't need much more. Take my money as long as I can eat and get around to the things I need, I don't care. All I need is what I love, and who I love. I need some freedom. I need to be allowed to think, to screech out little pieces of art from my own soul.  I don't want to be alone or unguided, I just want some liberty is all. You can argue, that's what history is all about. That's fine. I'm not saying destroy history. I'm just saying leave it to someone else. I don't need it; it's not how I'm going to affect the world.
I'm so bored. I want to affect the world. Why is so little expected of us? I hate this, it makes me want to be lazy. Why not? I could very well get away with it, I mean so many others do.
I am so not in my element. But I will be..soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment