Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Nature's Claim

I belong to no God or Devil. I am my own spirit, to which only nature may otherwise lay claim. I am dynamic; I move and I evolve and never stay too long in one place. I have control over my life. I am me, and only I may know that. I may falter, though I will never fall. I look lovingly upon the hair on my forearm; light though abundant. It is my hair, on my arm. It is a connection to the world around me, the world of other mammals, the world of furry beasts. I am a furry beast. I know myself, or strive to. I have company, but I am alone, my experience is mine alone, but I have the power to share it if I so choose. Max, my cat, is like me. He is a furry beast who belongs to no Devil or God. He is his own entity, and he is under his own as well as nature's dominion. There is only living for the furry beast; there is no such thing as being lost or misguided. This is simply an illusion caused by the ego of man, the ego which wishes to overcome nature. The self can overcome the ego, but the ego can never overcome nature, or ever truly overcome the self. The ego is that which pathologizes a natural life experience. There is only earth upon which we walk, hilly, steep, rocky, sometimes soft, but it is earth nonetheless, we are meant to walk it as we are meant to breathe, though at times it may not be easy. A gravelly beach is not Hades. It is a gravelly, rocky beach. We may wear shoes or not, but we must walk on either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment