Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

Thursday Night

I was very tired today, barely floating through those seven hours we call school. I meant to finish writing last night, which was in fact Thursday, but I've slipped into Friday like a rain drop on a car window. I got a car today, a 2010 silver Dodge Avenger. I absolutely love it. Admittedly, the ride is not as smooth as the Corolla's, but it's mine, and it's fantastic. I'm kind of nervous, to be honest, because the responsibility associated with it is huge. I'm also not totally used to driving the thing, which handles a bit differently than our Toyota.  
School was ridiculously easy this week, we barely had any homework or anything to study for, which worries me a bit because I know it won't last. This is just the calm before the storm. It's April now, and the teachers will have to start making up for lost time.  It's Friday, but I realize how little it matters..It will be gone soon enough, and the weekend will pass, and the week will start over again, and then I'll trudge through it, and then the weekend will arrive once more. It's a never-ending cycle, with nothing too spectacular about the name of the day. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have the weekend off (except for work..I've gotta work on the weekends). It's just short lived, that's all.  That's good, right? Because I'll sooner get to summer, which means I'll sooner get to next year, which means I'll sooner get to 17, and I'll sooner get to senior year, and I'll sooner graduate, and I'll sooner go off to college, and I'll sooner go to medical school, and I'll sooner become a doctor. I feel as if every day has a few seconds less than the day before it.  How will I ever have time for anything.."fun", especially later in life?

You're not like the others, futuristic lover.

1 comment: